Question about mkfs.erofs and reproducible builds

Gao Xiang hsiangkao at linux.alibaba.com
Wed Oct 27 22:51:13 AEDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 02:41:54PM +0300, Todor Ivanov wrote:
>     Hi, Gao,
>
>     This is how I installed mkfs.erofs on debian10:
>
> apt-get install pkg-config liblz4-dev gawk
> wget
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/erofs-utils/erofs-utils_1.3.orig.tar.gz
> tar xvzpf erofs-utils_1.3.orig.tar.gz
> cd erofs-utils-1.3/
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> Can you tell me where do I clone it from and if build instructions are
> different?

You could get the latest dev branch from:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs-utils.git -b dev

We fixed some reproducable build issues recently, I think it might
be related to
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs-utils.git/commit/?id=6324fac820c28c6a946f595fa58a0abba0f48eb4

Thanks,
Gao Xiang