Practical Limit on EROFS lcluster size

Gao Xiang hsiangkao at linux.alibaba.com
Tue Dec 21 02:20:24 AEDT 2021

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 10:06:33AM -0500, Kelvin Zhang wrote:
> Thanks… Another thing, I’m happy to help writing English documentation for
> EROFS if you have a Chinese version.

:) I wrote several Chinese materials many years ago internally, especially
for somewhat complicated compact compressed indexes (which is a reduced
metadata to minimize metadata runtime overhead for better performance,
each lcluster only takes 2-byte metadata on average).

Finally I think we might need a website to document all of this, both in
English and Chinese, including the new container use cases -- Nydus
image service.

I plan to do these after ztailpacking, fscache, folio adaptions are all
finished... (and I'm happy to try any better maintaining approach to
make the overall EROFS solution better/useful for everyone...)

Thanks,
Gao Xiang