About Segmentation fault of mkfs.erofs in AOSP

Gao Xiang hsiangkao at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 21:41:05 AEDT 2020

On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 05:59:29PM +0800, Yue Hu wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 19:51:58 +0800
> Gao Xiang <hsiangkao at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Hi Xiang,
> > >
> > > ok, let me check.
> >
> > At least, lz4 1.8.3 ~ 1.9.1 are buggy, for more details, see:
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs-utils.git/tree/README?h=dev#n107
> >

> wow, working fine when i upgrade lz4 version from 1.8.3 to 1.9.3 bypass vndk error.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm now working on add unique testcases to
intercept such broken lz4 versions as well, the WIP branch is
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xiang/erofs-utils.git/log/?h=experimental-test

> And seems canned fs config processing has minor issue. I will double check and submit patch if possible.

Comments, patches, evaluation are always welcome :)
(btw, I'm about to release erofs-utils v1.2 this month...)

Thanks,
Gao Xiang