patch "staging: erofs: keep corrupted fs from crashing kernel in" added to staging-linus

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Thu Jan 31 07:00:35 AEDT 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 11:42:41PM +0800, Gao Xiang wrote:

> On 2019/1/30 23:05, Gao Xiang wrote:
> >
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Dan raised some suggestions to me. And I want to get some review ideas from Chao...
> > Current EROFS works good for the normal image, this patch is used for corrupted image only...
> >
> > Could you kindly drop this patch temporarily and I want to get them reviewed...
> > Not soon... Thanks!
>
> It seems this patch is the top of staging-linus...Could you kindly drop it and
> it is better to get "Reviewed-by:" tag for all EROFS bugfix patches from corresponding
> people (Chao, Dan, or Al if possible) first... Thank you very much!
>
> sorry to trouble you...

Greg has already reverted this but for future reference there wasn't
any need to panic or rush.  It was just the kunmap_atomic() which only
affects corrupted filesystem on linux-next so it's not a big deal.  The
rest was just my style grumblings and could have been addressed later or
even ignored.

regards,
dan carpenter