Test case suite for erofs.

Gao Xiang hsiangkao at aol.com
Wed Aug 7 02:05:30 AEST 2019

Hi Pratik,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 08:18:42PM +0530, Pratik Shinde wrote:
> Hello Maintainers,
>
> I wanted to ask if there is any plan for writing a test case suite for
> erofs. If not, how do you think is the idea of having a dedicated test case
> suite, so as to maintain quality of fs?
> Let me know your thoughts.

Currently we have a modified ro-fsstress for EROFS to do fuzzer tests,
and we have dedicated constructed images to do all regression tests.

Yes, I personally think that is not enough (thus we have a large beta
users as a supplement) and we asked squashfs maintainers for their tools
last year but without any luck.

new xfstest testcases for read-only filesystems developped by another HUAWEI
team is also available at https://www.spinics.net/lists/fstests/msg11398.html
but without further progress till now...

It's better to develop more testcases for EROFS, and we can put forward
xfstest as well. :)

Thanks,
Gao Xiang