[PATCH v4 0/7] ASPEED sgpio driver enhancement.
steven_lee at aspeedtech.com
Mon Jun 7 17:15:05 AEST 2021
AST2600 SoC has 2 SGPIO master interfaces one with 128 pins another one
with 80 pins, AST2500/AST2400 SoC has 1 SGPIO master interface that
supports up to 80 pins.
In the current driver design, the max number of sgpio pins is hardcoded
in macro MAX_NR_HW_SGPIO and the value is 80.
For supporting sgpio master interfaces of AST2600 SoC, the patch series
contains the following enhancement:
- Convert txt dt-bindings to yaml.
- Update aspeed-g6 dtsi to support the enhanced sgpio.
- Define max number of gpio pins in ast2600 platform data. Old chip
uses the original hardcoded value.
- Support muiltiple SGPIO master interfaces.
- Support up to 128 pins.
- Support wdt reset tolerance.
- Fix irq_chip issues which causes multiple sgpio devices use the same
- Replace all of_*() APIs with device_*().
Changes from v3:
* Split dt-bindings patch to 2 patches
* Rename ast2600-sgpiom1 compatible with ast2600-sgiom-128
* Rename ast2600-sgpiom2 compatible with ast2600-sgiom-80
* Correct the typo in commit messages.
* Fix coding style issues.
* Replace all of_*() APIs with device_*().
Changes from v2:
* Remove maximum/minimum of ngpios from bindings.
* Remove max-ngpios from bindings and dtsi.
* Remove ast2400-sgpiom and ast2500-sgpiom compatibles from dts and
* Add ast2600-sgpiom1 and ast2600-sgpiom2 compatibles as their max
number of available gpio pins are different.
* Modify functions to pass aspeed_sgpio struct instead of passing
* Split sgpio driver patch to 3 patches
Changes from v1:
* Fix yaml format issues.
* Fix issues reported by kernel test robot.
Please help to review.
Steven Lee (7):
dt-bindings: aspeed-sgpio: Convert txt bindings to yaml.
dt-bindings: aspeed-sgpio: Add ast2600 sgpio compatibles.
ARM: dts: aspeed-g6: Add SGPIO node.
gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Add AST2600 sgpio support
gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Add set_config function
gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Move irq_chip to aspeed-sgpio struct
gpio: gpio-aspeed-sgpio: Use generic device property APIs
.../bindings/gpio/aspeed,sgpio.yaml | 78 ++++++++
.../devicetree/bindings/gpio/sgpio-aspeed.txt | 46 -----
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g6.dtsi | 30 +++
drivers/gpio/gpio-aspeed-sgpio.c | 185 +++++++++++++-----
4 files changed, 244 insertions(+), 95 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/aspeed,sgpio.yaml
delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/sgpio-aspeed.txt
More information about the Linux-aspeed