Some issues while unbinding spi driver

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Feb 1 06:10:35 AEDT 2020

Hi,
I am trying to access BIOS flash device from BMC. To access this flash I need to
do switch a mux gpio to access this flash. After switching GPIO, I bind spi device
via sysfs. After completing access, I unbind this device and switch gpio back.

But issue here is if I switch gpio back (means removing physical access to device)
immediately after unbinding flash with 1 second delay, I lose access to i2c bus 9
which is connected to ME. If I give enough delay like 10 second between unbinding
and GPIO switching, then everything is fine.

The driver used for this is ast2500-spi.

Please share your thoughts.

Regards
-Vijay