[Aspeed, v2 2/2] net: ftgmac100: Change the order of getting MAC address

Jakub Kicinski kuba at kernel.org
Tue Dec 29 09:01:15 AEDT 2020

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 22:00:34 +0100 Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 09:46:52PM +0100, Heiner Kallweit wrote:
> > On 22.12.2020 21:14, Hongwei Zhang wrote:
> > > Dear Reviewer,
> > >
> > > Use native MAC address is preferred over other choices, thus change the order
> > > of reading MAC address, try to read it from MAC chip first, if it's not
> > >  availabe, then try to read it from device tree.
> > >
> > > Hi Heiner,

Hongwei, please address Andrew's questions.

Once the discussion is over please repost the patches as
git-format-patch would generate them. The patch 2/2 of this
series is not really a patch, which confuses all patch handling
systems.

It also appears that 35c54922dc97 ("ARM: dts: tacoma: Add reserved
memory for ramoops") does not exist upstream.