[PATCH v4 0/8] drivers/soc: Add Aspeed XDMA Engine Driver
eajames at linux.ibm.com
Tue Jul 2 05:53:51 AEST 2019
The XDMA engine embedded in the AST2500 SOC performs PCI DMA operations
between the SOC (acting as a BMC) and a host processor in a server.
This series adds a driver to control the XDMA engine in order to easily
perform DMA operations to and from the host processor.
Changes since v3:
- Added a few comments.
- Change DMA reservation/allocation/mmap to iomap operations.
- Change miscdevice to "aspeed-xdma".
- Change default PCI device to the BMC device, not the VGA.
- Use length-limited string functions (strncpy, strncasecmp)
- Added more debugfs registers
Changes since v2:
- Switch to one pci device config sysfs file
- Add documentation for pci device config sysfs file
- Add module parameter for pci device config
- Switch to genalloc instead of custom allocator
- Fix alignment of user structure
- Cleaned up debugfs functions
I previously sent this series v1 to drivers/misc, but I'm now fairly certain
it belongs in drivers/soc, especially since the other Aspeed drivers have been
moved to soc.
Changes since v1:
- Correct the XDMA command pitch
- Don't use packed for the aspeed_xdma_op structure
- Correct the SCU PCI config change
Eddie James (8):
dt-bindings: soc: Add Aspeed XDMA engine binding documentation
drivers/soc: Add Aspeed XDMA Engine Driver
drivers/soc: xdma: Add user interface
Documentation: ABI: Add aspeed-xdma sysfs documentation
drivers/soc: xdma: Add PCI device configuration sysfs
drivers/soc: xdma: Add debugfs entries
ARM: dts: aspeed: Add XDMA Engine
ARM: dts: aspeed: witherspoon: Enable XDMA Engine
.../ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-platform-aspeed-xdma | 11 +
.../devicetree/bindings/soc/aspeed/xdma.txt | 23 +
MAINTAINERS | 9 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-bmc-opp-witherspoon.dts | 4 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g5.dtsi | 8 +
drivers/soc/aspeed/Kconfig | 8 +
drivers/soc/aspeed/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/soc/aspeed/aspeed-xdma.c | 953 +++++++++++++++++++++
include/uapi/linux/aspeed-xdma.h | 26 +
9 files changed, 1043 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-platform-aspeed-xdma
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/soc/aspeed/xdma.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/soc/aspeed/aspeed-xdma.c
create mode 100644 include/uapi/linux/aspeed-xdma.h
More information about the Linux-aspeed