phosphor-ipmi-host.service broken

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon Jan 14 09:11:40 AEDT 2019

Hi Vijay,

The linux-aspeed at lists.ozlabs.org list is for kernel patches going upstream - Joel uses it as a way to track relevant patches in patchwork. For openbmc discussions (i.e. userspace questions like this) please use openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, at 05:12, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> I see new changes in this phosphor-ipmi-host.service file where it needs
> org.openbmc.HostIpmi.service service to be running and this
> org.openbmc.HostIpmi.service service depends on phosphor-ipmi-
> host.service file. So it is cyclic dependency which in turn not letting
> run any of these service.

We've fixed this: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/16856/

Sorry for breaking things - I had forgotten about the KCS backend.

Andrew