[Lguest] kvm-qemu guest as lguest host?

Ming Lin mlin at kernel.org
Thu Jul 2 16:22:39 AEST 2015

Hi list,

I don't want to install a 32 bit Linux on bare metal.
So I installed a 32 bit debian in kvm-qemu and tried to use it as lguest
host.

When run lguest, I got:
lguest: Reinjecting trap 13 for fault at 0x1724326: Invalid argument

drivers/lguest/interrupts_and_traps.c:

384 bool deliver_trap(struct lg_cpu *cpu, unsigned int num)
385 {
386         /*
387          * Trap numbers are always 8 bit, but we set an impossible trap
number
388          * for traps inside the Switcher, so check that here.
389          */
390         if (num >= ARRAY_SIZE(cpu->arch.idt))
391                 return false;
392
393         /*
394          * Early on the Guest hasn't set the IDT entries (or maybe it
put a
395          * bogus one in): if we fail here, the Guest will be killed.
396          */
397         if (!idt_present(cpu->arch.idt[num].a, cpu->arch.idt[num].b))
398                 return false;

It returned false here.

Is it possible to make it work?

Thanks.