[Lguest] [lguest] lguest port for x86_64 bit?

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 04:44:21 EST 2014

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Santosh <sshukla82 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking through lguest source and was wondering on lguest port for 64
> bit machine not present, is it correct? if so then why lguest didn't move
> towards x86_64 arch, is it a design limitation or no further development
> considered etc..
>
> (Sorry for asking dummy question.)

Hi Santosh,

You are right. Currently, there is no upstream 64-bit version of lguest.

We tried a year ago to port it, without notable success [1].
Also, you can have a look for the work of Glauber and Steven [2].

thanks,
Daniel.

[1] https://github.com/IxLabs/lguest64
[2] http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=kernel-lguest-64.git;a=summary