[Lguest] Aufs as blockdevice?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:43:03 EST 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Earlence Fernandes
<earlenceferns at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe my message was confusing.
> I meant that If I were to use nfsroot, it would mean I need a network.

Do you mean a physical network like ethernet, or do you mean a network
stack, or ... I'm a bit confused by what you are saying. You don't
need a physical network, , because you can run the server on the same
machine you run lguest on.

but anyway ...

> 1. On the host, a 9p server runs.

and it needs a transport of some sort. So you need to work that out.

> 2. the lguest daemon communicates with the 9p server forwarding packets from
> inside the guest
> to the host outside.

Yep. This is how I ran plan 9 with a "remote root" on lguest.

ron