[Lguest] Possible bug? adding only one buff to a vq with one input queue

Earlence Fernandes earlenceferns at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 13:38:31 EST 2013

I am trying to achieve only host->guest communication and so I've created a
virtio driver for the guest kernel which calls virtio_add_buf_gfp with one
inbuf and 0 outbufs.

Whenever I boot the system, lguest crashes complaining of a kernel BUG. At
the line specified in virtio_ring.c, I see the following:

BUG_ON(out + in > vq->vring.num);

>From this, it seems to me that I need more vrings than buffers.

So, how do I have a channel from the host launcher to the guest kernel with
only one queue which is used to send data exclusively into the guest?

I've been following virtio_balloon as an example.

-Earlence