[Lguest] Loading Lguest guest - Unhandled trap 256 at x100000

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 01:55:51 EST 2013

sorry, working from memory here.

lguest guests have to be compiled with kernel support. lguest hosts
have to as well. Was your host kernel built with support for lguest
guests?

lguest guests indicate a need for service from the user mode program
by doing a trap. I suspect the 256 is the guest's attempt to trap to
the user mode handler, and somewhere along the line, the ball is
getting dropped.

But first question, is the kernel you're running the program on built
with lguest support?

a lot has changed in lguest since I last used it, but I don't think
what I'm saying here is different.

ron