[Lguest] Why lguest is running __PAGE_OFFSET too low?

Guillaume Thouvenin guillaume.thouvenin at polymtl.ca
Thu Dec 6 06:45:04 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm currently doing the quest and there is something that I don't
understand when the guest started. In lguest_entry(), it is said that
lguest is running __PAGE_OFFSET too low. I see that lguest is not
running in kernel space like it should be because it is loaded by the
launcher that allocates the memory somewhere in userspace. Thus I
thought that the guest is running "launcher offset" too low. I
apologize if the question has already been asked but I didn't find
where in the archive we can search.

Thanks to Rusty for the quest, it is really awesome :)
Best regards,

Guillaume