[Lguest] Lguest on x86_64

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Sun Oct 9 08:11:25 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 23:45 +0300, Daniel Baluta wrote:
> +Steven
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What is the status of lguest on x86_64 ?
> >
> > I know that 3 years ago, there was an effort to port
> > lguest on this architecture, but isn't very clear what
> > happened since then.

The developers (myself and Glauber) were moved out of the virt
departments and it became a side project that neither of us had time to
work on. I still have the source repositories, and with KVM here, we
never really got much push to pursue it.

As a hobby I thought about getting it to work again (it was functional),
but I just don't have the time.

Are people actually interested in it? I'm willing to help others get it
going again (to a limited extent).

-- Steve