[Lguest] accessing lguest_data from the guest

eviatar eviatarkhen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:30:55 EST 2011

Hi all,

I want to add a function for the guest to use, that is capable of
reading a field in the lguest_data structure (located in the guest
memory).
I will explain why (so maybe there is some other way...).
The guest is a making some new hypercall to the hypervisor. The
hypervisor changes some configuration of the guest (let's say in
lguest_data). When the guest's control returns I want him to act with
respect to the changed configuration, for instance:

if (lguest_data->child)
	return 0;
else
	return 1;

AFAIK accessing lguest_data from the guest is only possible from
arch/x86/lguest/boot.c, but I don't want to put my function in there.
What I need is something similar to a virtqueues - an address in memory
that is accessible both from guest and host, but all I need is a single
byte and not all the virtqueue infrastructure.

Ideas would be much help to me.

Thanks,

Eviatar