[Lguest] Some Queries

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue Sep 14 04:04:18 EST 2010

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> just FYI, the qemu memory footprint for kvm guests is huge (several
> tens of Mbytes). Is there some perceived advantage to having qemu
> instead of the simple lguest program as it stands now?

Perhaps Siva thinks of reusing certain virtual devices provided
by qemu.

Actually, I - personally - don't think that's really necessary,
since lguest runs pure Linux workloads (well, Plan9 in lguest
would be really cool ;-)) and the guest kernels have to be
compiled properly nevertheless.

Maybe it makes sense to move some of qemu's code (eg. cow images,
etc) to separate libraries, so it can be used also by lguest.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt at metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666