[Lguest] Writing to a single entry at the GDT

Eviatar Khen eviatarkhen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:45:45 EST 2010

Hi All,
I'm hacking lguest of the 2.6.34 kernel version (But it seems that for
this matter there is no difference with 35).
In [~/lguest/boot.c], at the function "lguest_write_gdt_entry". The
documentation says:"we do the lazy thing: alter our GDT, then tell the
Host to reload the entire thing.  This operation is so rare that this
naive implementation is reasonable."

But we actually don't reload all the table because we are using
LOAD_GDT_ENTRY hypercall.
My question is, if we have a hypercall that changes only one entry, why
we still need the LHCALL_LOAD_TLS hypercall?

Thanks,

Evi