[Lguest] rng / netmask / tapdev name patches

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Dec 6 15:41:36 EST 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:56:34 pm Philip Sanderson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here's some random patches for your consideration :-)

Hi Philip,

   Thanks for the patches.  I recommend using git or quilt to keep
track of them, esp. since I'm about to ask for changes :)

> First patch allows you to specify the source of the random numbers instead
> of /dev/random. Using /dev/urandom is faster and doesn't exhaust hosts
> entropy, or you could specify /dev/hwrng for direct access, etc.

Rather than a new option, I'd change --rng it to --random=<device>.  We
don't offer a stable interface for lguest :)

> This patch allows you to specify the tap device name -- useful for iptables
> -i interface and long lived rules.

Hmm, I wonder if allowing "=<tapname>" to --tunnet would be better?

Could you send each patch as a separate mail with a Signed-off-by: line
as per Documentation/SubmittingPatches?  And documentation should be included
in the associated patch please!

Thanks!
Rusty.