[Lguest] Trap 13 with lguest on 2.6.31 host

octane indice octane at alinto.com
Thu Oct 1 17:43:59 EST 2009

Hello,

this is a following of my previous mail.

I can't launch any guests with a 2.6.31 kernel. I only get Trap 13:
lguest: unhandled trap 13 at 0x5fd7e0 (0x0)

When I change kernel for another 2.6.31 kernel with different options of
configurations, it crash with another offset:
# ./lguest 48 --block /tmp/disk.img /boot/bzImage-2.6.31
lguest: unhandled trap 13 at 0x5fed10 (0x0)

I compile a wide variety of guest kernels and it allways crash with that
trap 13.
The same kernel allways trap at same address.

[I tried to launch a 2.6.28 lguest kernel, and it crash with a "bad syscall
vector", but I think it's not a problem]

I have some question:
-If I change my host kernels, would it works? Does anybody have some idea of
what must be in a host kernel? I can try to recompile some kernels.

-I really need lguest. Should I downgrade to a 2.6.30 kernel? (I didn't saw
anything in the 2.6.31.1 Changelog about lguest)

Thanks for any help

Le plaisir de la dermato cosmétique naturelle http://www.terrahumana.fr