[Lguest] lguest stop/restart and guest (live?) migration

Matias Zabaljauregui zabaljauregui at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 03:31:29 EST 2009

Hi, everybody seem to be working this weekend...

> I'd start with save and restore.  All we really need is a method of setting
> and restoring guest state, which should then also be used to boot the guest
> (with sanity checks).
>
> Something like:
> LHREQ_GETREGS /* + addr */
> LHREQ_SETREGS /* + addr */

ok, I've started to write some code.

Still can't imagine how to save guest memory contents
in some efficient way.

Am I supposed to write every "guest frame" down to a file ?
(i.e. if my guest's memory is 1GB , the guest-memory-contents file will
be 1 GB ?

Thanks,
Matias