[Lguest] Guest Addresses.

Sujit Sanjeev sujit771 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:41:14 EST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to access guest memory areas (both kernel and user space) from
within lguest.

I was able to read the guest kernel area by using the __pa() value of the
guest address as the source address in copy_from_user().

I was wondering, if there is a similar method to read the contents from
guest userspace area too. Since, as I understand __pa()
works only on kernel virtual addresses. What would be an equivalent to read
contents from guest's user space?

Basically, given a virtual address of a guest user space program, how do I
read the contents at that address from within
the hypervisor (lguest).

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Sujit