[Lguest] Need help for networking inside lguest

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Fri Mar 14 11:50:15 EST 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 03:32:15 inflo wrote:
> hi,
> i used the same network for tap0/guest as for the host, with another
> network it works well.
>
> For using bridge, you must setup this in your kernel (CONFIG_BRIDGE).
>
> Is there anywhere a howto to connect two  guests together?

Hi flo,

   I'm currently working on inter-guest networking for virtio, but it might be
a little complex for lguest.  Until then you need to network via the host,
and do forwarding (or bridging).  This is good if you want to firewall their
traffic, but suboptimal for performance.

> A wiki for lguest would be nice, or?

Very nice.  I'll look at setting one up and see how much spam we get.

Thanks,
Rusty.