[Lguest] Passing pointers to/from hypercalls.

Sujit Sanjeev sujit771 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:11:19 EST 2008

Hello,

I want to add a new hypercall which takes in character arrays as input. The
hcall() implementation in lguest.h
suggests that the arguments are passed in registers (EAX, EDX, EBX, ECX) as
unsigned long values.
How do I pass char arrays as argument to a hcall() and receive the result
also as char arrays.

I believe passing the array address in the registers and dereferencing them
at the host hypercall implementation (in hypercalls.c)
won't work since the argument is in the guest address space, which is
different from host address space.
Please help.

Thanks,
-Sujit