[Lguest] which major/minor for /dev/vda[12...] ?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 02:58:18 EST 2008

so, once again, I'd like to mention this option ... I won't solve your
problem ( I can't until I get into work) but if you feel like hacking
on your initrd or initramfs, you
can set it up so you get a nice interactive ash prompt. From there,
you can do things like
cat /proc/devices

and probe around to learn what is possible.

Just a thought .... it's really pretty interesting to see what the
environment is in an initrd, and that is also an interesting place to
do some adjustment.

And, if you had this setup, you would know immediately :-)

thanks
ron