[Lguest] Request for TO_DO list of lguest

salil kanitkar slashforu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:04:46 EST 2008

Sir,
we are working on suspend and resume support for lguest.
We are using CryoPID as a basic tool.

Our approach is to suspend all the processes active in user space of lguest
using one of the existing methods of process check pointing with a few
modifications namely ,cryopid which we are now able to do.
kill the guest, then spawn a new guest  and resume the suspended processes
using the core file which is actually a self extracting ELF.

Using this approach, we were able to resume a process
but did not get the corresponding messages on the console which are
basically simple printfs.
The process which we used as an example was supposed to write data into a
file and then print the same data.
But result what we are getting is not as expected, resumed process writes
data into file but its not printed on console.

Another way is to follow classical approach of suspending the lguest
processes from Host although no existing process check pointing directly
supports it...we have tried quite a few.. :-P

Could you please suggest us any approach for the same.....