[Lguest] [LGUEST] Basic Suspend and Resume Support

Mark Wallis lguest at markwallis.id.au
Sat Feb 2 22:41:52 EST 2008

On 02/02/2008, at 10:30 PM, Glauber de Oliveira Costa wrote:

> One way to suspend all processes running in lguest userspace, at
> once, is suspending lguest itself, i.e., stop scheduling it. It can be
> done in the host itself, but putting it in a wait queue, but it's
> probably easier to send a sigstop to the launcher

Yes, I submitted a patch a couple of days ago that handled it like
that by allowing you to tap CTRL-Z quickly three times. This put the
lguest process itself to sleep.

It would be good if "suspend" though wrote the entire state of the VM
to disk on the host. That way you could reboot the host and restore
the lguest VM from the suspend image.

Regards,
Mark Wallis