[Lguest] [LGUEST] Basic Suspend and Resume Support

salil kanitkar slashforu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:20:06 EST 2008

Sir,
we have been working on suspend and resume support for lguest.

Our approach is to suspend all the processes active in user space of lguest
using one of the existing methods of process check pointing with a few
modifications & integrations.
We poweroff the guest,finishing the suspend.

Later, we can now resume all processes.To resume we pass extra
argument in lguest bootup command and call our resume code from
/etc/init.d/rcS.Its working fairly.No large workload yet tested.

We would like to know your views and comments...