[Lguest] > 16

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:58:44 EST 2007

well, I jacked up max lguest to 128 and I'm happily running 64 guests.
Let's try 128. Works fine!

So, we have this thing called xcpu (http://xcpu.org), It's a process
startup server I have in the 8 MB COW tinyroot. How long's it take to
run /bin/date on 128 lguest nodes on my x60? 4.5 seconds wall clock
for all 128, with debug prints on in the server. 2 GB memory is a good
thing.

Booting 128 nodes takes about 30 seconds with my 8 MB copy-on-write
root file system (using that simple pblock patch I posted yesterday).
At that point they're up and ready to take commands from xcpu. So the
tiny root is not an issue.

You really want to use bridge networking (i.e. tunnet=bridge:lg0, as
the tap interface gets a littly funky when you start using more than
1.

This is a really nice environment for doing some testing ...

thanks for lguest.

ron