[Lguest] third time will be charm, sorry

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:46:35 EST 2007

OK, for some reason I keep not getting the fact of how vectors are
being done in Linux. Sorry, that patch I just sent is not going to do
the job.

I will attempt to make the third time charm. I can see no way to get
around the need for a cmdline option to reserve the vector #, however,
due to the way i8259.c gobbles up every vector it can get its hands
on, i.e.:

        /*
         * Cover the whole vector space, no vector can escape
         * us. (some of these will be overridden and become
         * 'special' SMP interrupts)
         */

I should look more carefully at the 'some of these will be overridden' bit.
Thanks

ron