[Lguest] Lguest modification.

Glauber de Oliveira Costa glommer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:11:49 EST 2007

On 10/25/07, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> You don't need a new hypercall. You need a channel to a service that
> is provided by the lguest process to the guest OS. You can then use
> this channel to communicate requests to the lguest process from the
> guest, and the lguest process will in turn take action based on those
> requests, and return status information.

lguest64 needs some guest -> process channel for new virtual cpu creation.
Right now, I'm simpling returning a value at run_guest().

> The lguest process will at least need to acknowledge receipt of the
> requests, and that's why a file metaphor is useful.

I woulnd not worry to much about acknowledges here. Assuming that
something we sent out is received seems a sane assumption. Unless you
are worried about older launchers, etc, but hey, this is lguest. No
ABI. Just assume you're using the correct launcher. Or are you talking
about a completely different issue?

--
Glauber de Oliveira Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."