[Lguest] Lguest modification.

Sujit Sanjeev sujit771 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:30:17 EST 2007

Hi All,

The comments for the file /drivers/lguest/lguest.c mentions:

"One way would be to put the "irq_enabled" field in a page by itself, and
have the Host write-protect it when an interrupt comes in when irqs are
disabled.
 There will then be a page fault as soon as interrupts are re-enabled. "

I want to do something similar, nothing related to interrupts ,but I would
like to:

1. Store some data (variable or constant) in a host protected or hypervisor
protected memory area, maybe in a page by itself.

2. If the guest needs the value of this variable, it must make a hypercall
and the host must return the value. For this I would like to add a new
hypercall.
    Basically, I don't want the guest getting direct access to that
variable, i.e. it should not be stored in the guest's memory address space.

I am still new to lguest. It would be great if you could let me know if the
above steps can be achieved by modifying lguest and the directions for the
same.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujit