[Lguest] "plug-ins" for devices

Eric Van Hensbergen ericvh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 04:03:09 EST 2007

I'm rev'ing the 9p lguest patches to match the virtio interfaces.
These worked by just putting a small bit of code in the launcher to
"relay" requests to a server running elsewhere.  This works well
enough, but eventually we were thinking of getting rid of extra copies
by integrating the server into lguest (via a library or something,
similar to what lucho did with KVM).

Rusty - I was wondering what your thoughts were on this.  Lguest is
really nice and simple and cluttering it by linking against an
external library feels too intrusive.  One of the most beautiful parts
about lguest is its overall simplicity.  What do you think the best
way to approach this would be?

          -eric