[Lguest] two questions

Matias Zabaljauregui matias.zabaljauregui at cern.ch
Tue Oct 2 09:17:00 EST 2007

Hello,

    I have two questions about Lguest I'd like to ask:

1) I'm trying to add support for 3 level paging (for PAE) to lguest. When
the guest wants to set_pte_at() or set_pmd() , the host just releases the
shadow versions of these guys, and demand_page will do the rest. But for
releasing the right entries, this functions use some information like the
top level page table.

I don't know how to implement the PAE version of guest_set_pmd. I guess I
should follow the release_pmd technic, but I'd need some extra information.
Should I use the release_all_pagetables, like the set_pte()  case ??

2) I need to invoke some hypercall and send a 64bit value but I don't have
two 32bit argument "slots" available. Is it a good idea to use  lguest_data
for transferring the 64bit value ?

thank you in advance
Matias