[Lguest] lguest on mips?

Glauber de Oliveira Costa glommer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:08:05 EST 2007

On 10/31/07, Catalin Morosan <catalin.morosan at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all.

Hi Catalin!

> i was thinking of porting lguest on mips.

That's awesome!

> is it doable/worthwhile?

I know a lot the MIPS ISA, but just the  user part. Nothing about the
privileged instructions. I think Rostedt knows it in more deep, and
can provide more useful comments on this

However, as lguest is purely paravirtualization, there should be
nothing undoable here. You just have to identify the privileged
operations, and stop the guest from doing them - by exchanging them
for hypercalls. And also, being able to write  a mechanism for
switching between guests.

As if it is worthwhile... that's up to you! ;-)

--
Glauber de Oliveira Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."