[Lguest] mercurial repo

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Jul 30 09:25:27 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 11:13 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> ron minnich wrote:
> > On 7/26/07, Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
> >> Hmm, I know AIX has a kernel-provided shlib which provides the system
> >> call mechanism.  If plan9 has some similar mechanism, then that might be
> >> neater than nasty lguest tricks...
> >
> > I think your previous system call reservation patch is better. My
> > experience shows that lguest can do more than support linux guests.
>
> That would require having an ABI, any mention of which causes Rusty to
> yelp "Puppies, Puppies!".

Indeed, I've told Ron we'll be breaking his port soon.  Not
gratuitously, but no doubt there'll be churn when we add our second
arch, use kvm-style ioctls and change I/O models to virtio.  Should be
simple to adapt, tho.

Fast non-int80 syscalls are hard, but supporting foreign guests is
deeply worthy.  I'm tempted to just hardcode 0x40 for plan9 guests
(CONFIG_LGUEST_PLAN9?).

Cheers,
Rusty.