[Lguest] [patch] u32 pointer nightmare .....

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Thu Aug 30 23:28:40 EST 2007

Oh horror!

Why, oh why, did I start looking at this right after my lunch?

This is a starting attempt at apply a clue 2x4 to the horror of lguest's
user<->kernel API abusing u32s for pointer storage. We should be using
unsigned long for all data words passed back and forth for two reasons:
a) pointers are not safe in 32 bit words, b) mis-aligned data words.

I think I didn't break anything in the process, but your mileage may
vary!

Cheers,
Jes