[Lguest] Request for TO_DO list of lguest

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sat Aug 25 21:52:46 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 08:36 +0530, salil kanitkar wrote:
> Respected Sir,
>                 We are a group of Final year Computer Engineering
> students from Pune University,India.As a final year project we are
> interested in working in Virtualisation.We came across your paper in
> 2007 ols about 'lguest'.
>                We found following points as potential areas for
> further development in lguest -
>                (1)64-bit support , (2)SMP support (3)Framebuffer
> support (4)suspend and resume support
>                 We would be obliged if you could please send us the
> official TO-DO list for lguest or any other intended
> development/modification.

Hi Sanil!

	Suspend and resume is probably the best area.  As Glauber pointed out,
64-bit support and SMP are in progress.  I/O is changing with the
development of virtio (generic virtual I/O for lguest and others), so
suspend and resume is probably the most interesting untouched area.

Good luck!
Rusty.