[Lguest] A weird problem with a linux guest

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Aug 2 09:45:43 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 13:11 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> I have a linux busybox file system image. If I boot 2.6.23 lguest
> guest kernel, it works fine to a point -- that point being the point
> at which it locks up. Anyone seen anything like this?

Hi Ron!

	We used to have this problem with the jiffies clock, which is why the
big clock change occurred: after some period of time the tick code would
go into an infinite loop.  If your "struct lguest_data" has a "struct
timespec time" field, it's the new one.

> /proc/interrupts is odd:
> cat /proc/interrupts
>            CPU0
>   1:         75    lguest-<NULL>    lgba
>   2:          0    lguest-<NULL>    lguestnet
>   3:         47    lguest-<NULL>    hvc_console
> NMI:          0
> LOC:          0
> ERR:          0
> MIS:          0
> Where's the clock interrupt? It never increments past 75.

Hmm, the clock isn't here (it'd be 0).  Perhaps I overrode it too hard
8)

Can you send your .config?

Thanks,
Rusty.