[RFC] pinctrl: generic: Add DT bindings

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Sun Jun 16 06:16:13 EST 2013

Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 21:56:05 schrieb Linus Walleij:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Laurent Pinchart
>
> <laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> >         mmcif_pins: mmcif {
> >
> >                 mux {
> >
> >                         renesas,groups = "mmc0_data8_0", "mmc0_ctrl_0";
> >                         renesas,function = "mmc0";
> >
> >                 };
> >                 cfg {
> >
> >                         renesas,groups = "mmc0_data8_0";
> >                         renesas,pins = "PORT279";
> >                         bias-pull-up = <1>;
>
> If I understood your code correctly that last statement can *optionally*
> be written like just:
>
>  bias-pull-up;
>
> Without the parameter?
>
> I think that Heiko's implementation does this anyway.

Yep, with the fixes-series from yesterday the bias-pull-* now have a better
default value of <1>.

so you can do
	bias-pull-up;
which is then identical to the
	bias-pull-up = <1>;
above (both are valid of course).

Disable would the be either
	bias-disable;
or
	bias-pull-up = <0>;

A driver should probably handle both, as both are valid pinconf options or
this.