Device tree flattening code not copying properties from blob

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Jun 13 04:23:23 EST 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Collins, Rod
<Rod.Collins at saabsensis.com> wrote:
> The blob is built into the zImage.initramfs.gz image which is put into
> flash. The zImage.initramfs.gz is self copied from flash to RAM, then
> uncompressed to the running area. I will dig into the location of the
> blob in the image and report back.

Thanks. If it is appended to the zImage wrapper, then things should be
fine (this is the expected way to do when not passed in from the
bootloader). If a *.dtb.o target has been used to embedded it into the
kernel-proper (vmlinux) then you will have a problem. The *.dtb.S
target puts the dtb data into the dtb.init.rodata section which gets
discarded.