Early kernel hang with big DTB appended

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Fri Jan 4 05:40:43 EST 2013

Tomasz,

Sounds to me like the DTB is not being fully written to memory or that it isn't being fully read from memory.  I've had similar problems when I placed the DTB too close to the end of flash and not all of the DTB was written to flash.

If you load a debug build of U-Boot, I believe there are a number of debug messages related to loading the device tree that U-Boot prints.  Then you can at least verify that U-Boot is loading the entire device tree.

Regards,
Bryan