Wifi basics documents

Onteddu Slreddy slreddy88 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:55:31 EST 2013

Hello All,

I recently joined this group the group.

Can anybody suggest me places where I can get Documents which will explain
wifi  Architecture in brief i would like to know details like

In Linux for embedded systems:
        What is the software architecture for wifi
        What are each folders in kernel/net and kernel/drivers/net refer to
        What is wpa_supplicant how to know which version I have to use
        How to get  familiar with words like nl802.11, mac802.11, wext,
copat-wireless, compatwireless-openmac
        If I have to add a new chip driver what are the checklist points i
have to see

My Quesitions may be basic kindly bare with me
If any body have self prepared documents that will be great help for me

Thanks & Regards

O S L Reddy
slreddy88 at gmail.com