iMX28 SDIO WiFi Device With External IRQ

Ryan Bryngelson rabryn at c2development.com
Wed Apr 17 12:59:30 EST 2013

I've connected a wlan device to an imx28-evk via a 4 bit wide MMC interface
using SSP1.  I've compiled support into the kernel for the device and it is
recognized upon insertion, however, the driver requires an external
interrupt line to be connected from the wlan device to the imx28.  I've
attempted to configure a GPIO line to interrupt on high to low edges using
the device tree by defining a node like this...

            ssp1: ssp at 80012000 {
                compatible = "fsl,imx28-mmc";
                pinctrl-names = "default";
                pinctrl-0 = <&mmc1_4bit_pins_a
                    &mmc1_cd_cfg &mmc1_sck_cfg>;
                bus-width = <4>;
                wp-gpios = <&gpio0 28 0>;
                vmmc-supply = <&reg_vddio_sd1>;
                status = "okay";

                wlan-irq
                {
                    compatible = "fsl,imx28-gpio";
                    interrupt-parent = <&gpio0>;
                    interrupts = <4 0x02>;
                };
            };

Is this even close to being correct?  I understand I need to modify
arch/arm/mach-mxs/mach-mxs.c to provide the IRQ to the wlan platform
data... but I'm confused as to how I get the IRQ number that is *hopefully*
setup by the device tree node?

I'm just looking for some direction, if anyone has any advice it would be
greatly appreciated!  The linux-arm-kernel mailing list wasn't too much
help... nor Freescale support.

Thanks,
Ryan