dtc: import latest upstream dtc

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Oct 10 08:16:49 EST 2012

On 10/01/2012 12:39 PM, Jon Loeliger wrote:

>> What more do you think needs discussion re: dtc+cpp?
>
> How not to abuse the ever-loving shit out of it? :-)

Perhaps we can just handle this through the regular patch review
process; I think it may be difficult to define and agree upon exactly
what "abuse" means ahead of time, but it's probably going to be easy
enough to recognize it when one sees it?

I imagine the most common usage will simply be a bunch of:

#define TEGRA_GPIO_PB0 32
#define TEGRA_GPIO_INT_LEVEL_LOW 8

/ {
    xxx {
        interrupts = <TEGRA_GPIO_PB0 TEGRA_GPIO_INT_LEVEL_LOW>;

and similarly, simple math:

    something = <((FOO << XXX_SHIFT) | (BAR << YYY_SHIFT))>;