[GIT PULL] Exynos DP for v3.8

Jingoo Han jg1.han at samsung.com
Wed Nov 28 10:59:14 EST 2012

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:58 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote

> On 2012-11-23 08:37, Jingoo Han wrote:
> > Hi Tomi,
> >
> > Thank you for taking care of pull requests for the v3.8 merge window.
> > These patches have been submitted for more than one month,
> > and tested with Exynos5250.
> >
> > The following changes since commit f4a75d2eb7b1e2206094b901be09adb31ba63681:
> >
> >   Linux 3.7-rc6 (Fri Nov 16 17:42:40 2012 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://github.com/jingoo/linux.git exynos-dp-next

> > Exynos DP changes for the 3.8 merge window.
> >
> > - Device Tree support for Samsung Exynos DP
> > - SW Link training is cleaned up.
> > - HPD interrupt is supported.
> >
> > Ajay Kumar (5):
> >       video: exynos_dp: Add device tree support to DP driver
> >       video: exynos_dp: device tree documentation
> >       video: exynos_dp: Reset and initialize DP before requesting irq
> >       video: exynos_dp: Fix incorrect setting for INT_CTL
> >       video: exynos_dp: remove redundant parameters
> >
> > Sean Paul (8):
> >       video: exynos_dp: Check DPCD return codes
> >       video: exynos_dp: Clean up SW link training
> >       video: exynos_dp: Get pll lock before pattern set
> >       video: exynos_dp: Improve EDID error handling
> >       video: exynos_dp: Fix bug when checking dp->irq
> >       video: exynos_dp: Remove sink control to D0
> >       video: exynos_dp: Move hotplug into a workqueue
> >       video: exynos_dp: Enable hotplug interrupts
> >
> >  .../devicetree/bindings/video/exynos_dp.txt        |   80 +++
> >  drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_core.c              |  697 ++++++++++++--------
> >  drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_core.h              |   21 +-
> >  drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_reg.c               |   77 ++-
> >  drivers/video/exynos/exynos_dp_reg.h               |    3 +-
> >  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/exynos_dp.txt
>
> Has the DT bindings been reviewed by the device tree people? It would
> good to have an ack from them.

CC'ed device tree mailing-list, Grant Likely, Rob Herring, Kukjin Kim, Sylwester Nawrocki.

Hi Tomi,

The DT binding has been posted with device tree mailing-list
(devicetree-discuss at lists.ozlabs.org) for more than 2 months.
Last patch V8 was posted 1 month ago. However, there is no objection.
(http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-fbdev/msg08354.html)

Also, Samsung people already reviewed it.
In my opinion, there is no need to get Ack from the device tree people.

Grant, Rob: if you have another opinion, please let me know kindly.

Best regards,
Jingoo Han