Displaying procs device tree properties

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Wed May 9 01:32:05 EST 2012

Hi,
I have added some device tree properties for testing device tree in a
kernel module.
Some are with regular, generic device tree names (like "interrupts", "reg")
and some are with my unique names which are not inherent to generic device tree.
I do have success with reading the correct values for my entries with OF
(OpenFirmware) API. (like with of of_get_property() and of_find_property() and
the other of_... methods.

I had set CONFIG_PROC_DEVICETREE to y.

When I try to print properties from under the folder that was
generated by my dts, from under /proc/device-tree/mysoc..., (by "cat" command).
some of them are shown and some are not. There are cases in which I see garbage.

The permission of **all** properties under
proc/device-tree/mysoc... is
-r--r--r--

It **does** show "compatible" properties
It **does** show "device_type" properties
It **does** show "name" properties
It **does not** show "interrupts" properties.
It **does not** show other properties
there are cases it shows garbage , like "reg" properties

Is there a way to enable that it will display all properties which I
added ?

regards,
Kevin