Configure standalone GPIO in device tree?

Subodh Nijsure snijsure at grid-net.com
Mon Jun 11 23:56:07 EST 2012

Hello,

I am working with a hardware that has couple of GPIOs that are not tied
to any specific device one to indicate board status, other to indicate
presence of this hardware to some other 'independent' hardware.

I have been going through some of the device tree files and I haven't
come across way to represent a GPIO independent of a specific device, is
it possible to do so using DT? How would I specify such a GPIO?

I am working on MX28 (MXS for linux) based platform but if there are
some other platforms already doing that would appreciate pointer to that
dt file.

-Subodh